Pre-launch event, Thursday 20th January 2011
Women’s History Month held a free pre-launch event at Portcullis House, London in the lead-up to WHM in March. We had a powerful line-up of women to speak at the event, which included a drinks reception and networking opportunity. Follow the links below to read speeches from the event.
- Cath Elliott, freelance writer, blogger and researcher
- Rahila Gupta, writer and journalist, and author of Enslaved: The New British Slavery
- Kealy Hastick, Platform 51 (prepared with the assistance of Lindsey Hills and Samantha Morgan)
- Kirsten Hearn, Metropolitan Police Authority member and Chair of Inclusion London
- Rebecca Johnson, Vice President of CND and co-founder of Aldermaston Women’s Peace Camp(aign)
- Claire Jones, editor of HerStoria magazine
- Rosalind Miles, author and commentator, whose forthcoming book is titled ’Warrior Women – 3000 Years of Courage and Heroism
A collection of biographies of amazing women from all over the world’.
- Bridget Minamore, poet and journalist for Wright Here, Right Now
- Mia Morris, Black History Month and Black Cultural Archives
- Sue Sanders, LGBT History Month and Schools Out!
The event was open to all, and especially of interest to educators and those interested in holding an event during Women’s History Month.
Photos and videos coming soon.